Thursday, May 10, 2007

Have They No Shame?

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Animated figures and text by Don Hertzfeldt, from his animated film entitled, "Rejected" which can be found here. I added the inset topic of ridicule, and moved the figures/text around to fit it in accordingly.

I had to comment on this. I know I'm late to the party, but the connection was itself late in arriving. Will nothing stop the hybrid-hating leviathan named after a favorite Dairy Queen menu item? Apparently, serving as a significant influence on the college drop-out rate wasn't enough for them. Now they're going after the more financially naive. I, myself, don't have a single credit card. Money has never been something I've had difficulty managing. My debit card gives me all the flexibility I want without the chance that I'll end up an indentured servant to the debt monster. If I don't have it, I can't spend it, and the world won't come crashing down if I can't have that new toy TODAY!

I suppose I'm just a little bitter that a company that took a big dump on my favorite class archetype will now be even filthier rich. Granted, if used responsibly, it could be a good thing. Make all your normal cash/check purchases with your Devilcard, pay it off every statement, and your hobby is now free. There's just something about an entertainment entity growing to engulf an entirely different realm of income-via-usury that disturbs me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home