Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Testing the Waters

Just as potential contenders for the US presidency form "testing the waters" committees before launching a full-fledged campaign, I'm throwing this out to see what happens. I've been brainstorming about what to call my WAR regiment. My original thoughts - the 2nd Altdorf AKA "The Inquisitors" - were too close to a pair of other already proposed regiments (The Altdorf First and The Inquisition). I then decided to number it after my old Civil War reenactment group and call it the 27th Altdorf. In honor of this blog, it will also be known as the "Hammer of Sigmar."

The highest levels of leadership will be restricted to Warrior Priests, though the regiment itself will be open to all members of the Empire. Dwarves and High Elves will be welcome under the 27th banner, but are considered auxiliaries and must swear primary allegiance to Sigmar and the Empire. The 27th will accordingly place defense of Altdorf and its nearby lands ahead of allied racial territories. In times of relative domestic peace and foreign urgency, however, the Hammer of Sigmar will gladly and zealously come to the aid of our Order brethren. I've been known to throw in a little RP flare from time to time myself, though the regiment as a whole will not be heavily RP-oriented. I'll be most likely rolling my character and forming the 27th on a normal server.

Those interested should submit a brief email of intent to { 27Altdorf at gmail dot kom } (fix it yourselves - I'm trying to prevent automated spam gathering). I don't need, nor do I want to hear life stories at this point - there will be plenty of time for that when the game launches and we're feasting with Emperor Karl Franz. Just introduce yourself, maybe list some of the games you've played in the past, and leave me your email addy. Feel free to include any questions you may have about the regiment, as well as suggestions, though don't be offended if I do not respond personally. It's more likely I'll look for FAQ's and use them for future blog material.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Note, the background pic is not actually from Warhammer Online. It's taken from a still which was itself taken from the cinematic for the RTS Warhammer: Mark of Chaos - a game I highly recommend if you ever enjoyed playing with toy soldiers (or the Warhammer TT game, which it seeks to emulate).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the game is sort of like total war, if your like me, you enjoy that series of games a little too much.

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How would one contact you about joining said Regiment? A friend and I have considered no other class but the WP. And we both watch your blog constantly. Via email or Xfire let me know! I'll watch this post for a response.

7:01 PM  
Blogger The Saint's Paraclete said...

I sent you an email, and you have yet to update man..UPDATE!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home