Friday, May 18, 2007

Mirror Mirror On the Wall...

... I'm starting to look like the Apostle Paul.

Or a Warrior Priest of Sigmar for that matter. I knew it would happen eventually. Hair loss supposedly comes from one's mother's side of the family, and my uncles and (late) grandfather all sport the 'do (or lack thereof). I'm standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom tonight, and I pull my front hair back to reveal a hairline performing a slow but steady "redeployment" (read: retreat). It has already been thinning at the crown, and it doesn't help that my hair's texture hasn't thickened much at all since I weighed in at 7lbs 11oz. My first reaction was mildly depressing - I'm only 26, after all. Then I thought about the humble little character class we're focused on in this blog, and all of the screenshots and video I've seen, and chuckled.

This little thread has been running on the Warhammer Alliance forums for some time. Even if they put in the option for hair, I'm going to probably honor my inevitable end and sport the (at last partially) bald 'do in the greatest traditions of ecclesiastical orders. Here's to you, great men of faith - I'll be joining the club soon.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The Apostle Paul


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
St. Augustine of Hippo


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Warrior Priest of Sigmar



6 Comments:

Blogger Vaelin said...

Oh, and if anyone cares, the new Blizzard project is Starcraft 2.

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about GIRLS? I want to be a pretty paladin. I never see any female ss.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Vaelin said...

Heh - if you want to be a "pretty paladin" I've got a great game for you. Thank God there won't be any paladins in WAR. As for Mythic's decision to allow Warrior Priests to be female, I'll just have to groan and learn to live with it. If you think about it in realistic terms, most women lack the upper-body strength to wield a war hammer with sufficient force throughout a prolonged battle. Luthor Huss weeps at the liberalism infecting the cult of Sigmar.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erm... there are some female paladin picts in the screenshots section of WAR's website (Posted: March 29, 2007, if that helps).

If you're looking for a seductive, scantly-clad Blood-elfish Paladin, you're SOL, because I would describe the female Warrior Priest as rather plain-looking. I would expect the elves of warhammer will be the slutty-looking ones.

2:58 AM  
Blogger DaoKaioshin said...

lack of upper body strength is really not the least realistic thing about female warrior-priests...

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise Sigmar brother!
I am in the same possition, only 26 and already my hair is thinning like a patch of amazonian rainforrest before the onslaught of mechanized lumberjacks on meth.
Thanks for a good laugh though, think I'll sport that metal bandana when my time comes, bet it makes the ladies go crazy.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home