Sunday, October 14, 2007

Well I'll Be Damned...

Someone at Blizzard actually plays a Paladin. I think I just saw a pig fly past my 2nd floor window. Meet Verrith.

=======================
We interrupt this post to bring you a link to a 2.3 Paladin Talent Calculator. I was getting tired of looking for one, so I headed over to an Unleashed Gaming builder and made one myself. I've got a post up on the Paladin boards with people helping me fix errors (their "default" Paladin tree was several patches/nerfs behind). The link shouldn't change as I fix things, though. I didn't even have to refresh my browser to have the revisions reflected.

Original post resumed.
=======================

Here's what he says, in a new post he elevated to sticky status in the Paladin forums:

Ok, for real now!

It took so long because it was buried and I had to go all Indiana Jones on it.

On a side note, yes, I am a Paladin. I have two of them – a level 70 Dwarf Paladin and level 24 ish Blood Elf Paladin (but he's on his way up!). I love Paladins. Love the class and the people who play them. So it hurts my inner Pally pride to see this type of behavior. I know it's out of frustration, but 2.3 has given Ret new life and it's just a step in the right direction. I'm sure that over the weeks and months to come, the Paladin community is going to get the attention it needs. We'll look into the possibilities. We'll follow up with the outcomes. This is why we have a PTR so that we can all go there and test the effectiveness of a particular new environment or mechanic. We just all must remember one thing, change takes time and every change has to be evaluated in every possible light. We're working to make this game (and this class) as fun and as awesome as we possibly can!

Have patience, my Paladin brothers and sisters. Good things come (like the Ret buffs) to those who wait. Feel free to give constructive feedback, but try to avoid spam and the like because that just makes the job of the people who have to filter your information back to the proper liaisons that much harder. Believe me, we knew two nights ago that you, the community, were interested in a passive Paladin threat reduction.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kaziel said...

Blizzard finally came out and said it. Blue post has stated that they will be adding threat reduction to the Fanaticism talent here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2366553329&pageNo=2&sid=1#37 (for those behind a work firewall see here: http://blue.cardplace.com/newcache/us/2366553329.htm ).

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the end of the world as we know it. :)

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home