Wednesday, September 19, 2007

And There Was Much Rejoicing

The last I heard about unlocking the Death Knight class was from Blizzcon. Supposedly, one would need to level to 80 and complete a quest or series of quests in order for the Death Knight class to become available. Now it seems that life for would-be Death Knights just got easier. Behold the following forum post from Nathaera in which she responds to an earlier poster:

Q u o t e:
i just dont like that you have to get to 80 before you can even play the deathknight!

____________________________________________________________________
Lameness

Actually, this idea has changed and most likely you will need to just have a character of (say) level 55 in order to unlock it. This is still subject to change, but we really didn't want people rushing to 80 only so they could unlock the Death Knight. It just doesn't feel right to do it that way.


Looks like I won't even need to gear out my Paladin now, though I'll continue down that path anyway. Who knows what will happen in patch 2.3. I'm not holding my breath, but in the event Ret does get fixed I'll be that much better off.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do realize that a class that can tank, dps, summon unholy servants, starts at a higher level so there's no grind to max level, and is the latest flavor of the month is going to be EVERYWHERE, right?

Seriously. World of Warcraft just became World of Deathknights. Who's going to play a paladin (Broken DPS, sub-par tank, forced-healing) when they can give up the dream of a real Paladin class and just roll Death knight?

7:14 AM  
Blogger The Saint's Paraclete said...

Vaelin...why bother?


WAR > WoW and there is NOTHING and i mean NOTHING untrue about that.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Vaelin said...

Oh I'll be playing WAR for sure, but there's nothing much going on with WAR that I'm aware of at the moment. Until there is, you get to hear me give updates on the Death Knight. :P

5:46 PM  
Blogger Xgelis said...

Hey vaelin, may I ask you about that regiment of yours? Is it still going on, cause I believe I havent heard anything about since you started the ball rolling and I sent you a registration email... any updated to share with me?

Thanks..

2:32 PM  
Blogger Vaelin said...

Truthfully, I haven't given the regiment much though what with WAR being so relatively far away. If I got a beta invite and could experience some of the game firsthand, it would change things. I'm still planning on getting it started, but at the moment there are no details beyond a name and theme. I'm also waiting to see how they balance out the Warrior Priest, and to what degree one will be able to specialize in order to hand out divine ass-whippings.

Don't fret, though. I've got your contact info. You can bet as soon as there's movement on the WAR front and I get motivated, I'll be sending out more details.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Xgelis said...

Oh sure no problem on that, I'm now reliefed.

By the way, speaking of playing WAR, I've already played the game actually, touched on a Empire KoTBS and a Dwarf Engineer. Both classes are damn fun, lvled 3 ranks... the game's nice too, though the UI needs more work on it.
Didn't got to touch a WP, so I'm not full satisfied...

10:48 AM  
Blogger The Saint's Paraclete said...

I hear what Xgelis is saying. From what i read from you Vaelin you sound like just the kind of player i would want to fight along side. I too am very interested in the regiment, i understand about the distance though, and i will keep my eyes peeled for your updates on it in the future.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blizz seems to feel the heat. Check the Pally forums.

Then again, imho it's too late. WAR is coming. I can already smell it.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Xgelis said...

Well, nothing in WoW will make me change my mind about it now, I'm disgusted, NUFF SAID!

Though the new pally (ret mainly) new stuff is attractive...

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home